Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Simple Pleasures

Sometimes being a lawyer is hard. Sometimes the hours are long. Sometimes I dream of being a full-time cheesemaker.

Today was one of those days.

Today was also a day when I remembered the batch of herbed goat milk mozzarella sitting in my refrigerator.  What a wonderful way to end a rather tedious day.

Over the weekend I attempted a rendition of Ricki Carroll's "30 Minute Mozzarella" recipe with goat milk.  It didn't exactly go smoothly but the end result, after lots of herb de provence and 2 days of resting, was quite tasty.

I sliced a baguette and placed the cheese on the little slices and then melted them in the oven.  Oh how delicious it was.  At that moment I forgot the trial from this morning, I forgot all the client emails I didn't return and I forgot that long list of tasks waiting for me tomorrow morning.  Such a simple pleasure but it quickly lightened my mood and brought a smile to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment